Senior Structural Engineer
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of engineers providing structural design services to State, County and Municipal clients primarily in the 6-county Chicagoland area. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- The ability to work either as part of a team or independently, to effectively manage time, and to complete assigned tasks and projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Design and detailing of transportation structures including highway and railroad bridges, retaining walls, and box culverts.
- Structural calculations.
- Technical Reports.
- Preparation of contract plans and specifications.
- Cost Estimating.
- Structural Inspections.
- Project Management.
- Preparation of professional service proposals and agreements.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
Itasca, IL or Chicago, IL
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- M.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years experience in the field of transportation related structures is required.
- Current Professional and Structural Engineering licensure is required.
- Fluency with Microstation and structural analysis software is required.
- Candidate must be proficient in technical writing with a strong knowledge of IDOT policies and procedures.
- Experience developing and interpreting construction documents.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently to effectively manage time and complete a daily list of projects.